Thursday, November 29, 2007

ok, let's talk about facebook... for those who are on facebook will know what i'm talking about.

Well, it's something like friendster, but something more. you get to add all these applications. at first, i was happily adding application, haiku zoo, vampire, etc etc. But i realise that i'm spending so much time on facebook that i've stopped adding application. i also started to reject my friend's invitation to add this application and that..... sorry, friends.

now, let me disect why these applications are so addictive. Take superpoke for example, they will show you, superpoke how many more friends, then you'll get new actions. at first, the numbers are small, about 5 more friends, or 10 more friends. as you unlock new actions, now my current state is i must superpoke 125 more friends before new actions are unlocked for me! so you see how addictive this is. so now, i'm not really hard up for the new actions.... as and when i feel like it, i'll superpoke some friends.

next, the vampire, werewolf, zombie and slayer application. now that i'm in, i think it's wasted to give up now. I've started to accumulate points and fighting points, so hard to work up the ladder you know. So again, you see how addictive it is... and if you 'bite' your friends, you turn them into vampire or etc, your army is supposedly to be stronger. and if your army bites anybody, you also get points. (sounds like MLM) anyway, i've stopped turning people into vampires and stuff.

and through this application, i also learnt something. it's like you need to fight others to earn points so that you can be promoted to the next level. i remembered, when i initially started when i had little points, everytime i fight with someone, i lose. so i have to pick on someone who is weaker than me, in order to win. So this is such a true reflection of real life! the weaker ones get bullied.

so after about 2-3 weeks of facebook, i've learnt things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Out of my range for this thing.....
anyway you have fun lor.

Anonymous said...

Move up to the next level for superpoking does not attract me much. However, I am using Haiku Zoo a lot just because I enjoy watching people interacting with my pet and I also spend time to interact with theirs. I'm also in some pioneer trail and that eats up a lot of my time. I should quit it and it's hard. So yah, I'm with you.

I also have my kids all signed up for zoo pets so we get to show affection to each other by taking care of each other's pet once in a while. Now it's hard to ask them just quit it. Shucks...