Thursday, December 27, 2007

someone commented that i've not updated my blog as frequently as ever... well, to that comment, yes, it's true.... why? i also dunno. maybe i do not have the time, maybe i do not have the inspiration.

so for this post, what should i say? that day, someone asked me how was the festive season, i juz replied as usual. nothing much to be merry about. the person said that i sounded moody or sounded depressed.

strange thing is, i'm neither happy nor depressed. yes, no doubt, when the festive season is here, i can be merry and 'entertain' family members and looks like i have enjoyed the gathering, but in fact, deep down i know, it's all superficial. then why am i there? becos of my children. bring them there to enjoy the festivity, the mood and of course, the presents. They only wanted to see my children, not me. my mood has been neutral. nothing excites me, nothing depresses me. i just feel that i'm transient in this world, in this life. my soul no longer belongs to the world. i'm a living dead.

ok, the above sounds extreme, i just feel that life is transitory. things in life are bound to change, pass and come to an end. people said to live life to the fullest. i think the problem is, the more you are enjoying your life (living life to the fullest), the more you indulge in your life, the more reluctant you will be to go. yup, i guess that is life to me now.

back to my children, well, they are happy, especially with their new xmas presents. now they have their own email addresses and are chatting with my sister, with me sometimes or with my cousin or with their grandma. well, they learn. so cyberwellness is what i have to teach them now. There are 2 schools of thoughts in letting your children have their own email address or letting them chat. some feels that it's ok to let them chat, some feels that chatting online for young children is no no... well, there has got to be a balance. letting them chat, well, plus point, they learn all the time, especially with spelling new words. the other school of thought is not wrong, given the dangers of cyberspace now, well, as i said, there has got to be a balance. i always believe the more you stop them, the more they are curious and want to try out. i'm not saying that i will let them chat freely online, i still impose a curfew and i check their friends. anyway, all their friends now are family members. so balance.

Max, well, he's growing up well and fine. very naughty and cheeky. and clever at times. cannot tahan him.

No comments: