Wednesday, October 15, 2008

on my religion

ok, let me clear the air. on my religion, nothing to hide and i hope i will not offend anyone with my post, it's just my personal thoughts.

i was a christian. ok, some may say, once baptized, always a christian. my mother's side family, all are christian. my mum brought me to church when i was young, am baptized when i was 8. was active in church during my teens, up to A levels. My teenage years were my most devout time. i played the piano for service, i went to many services and church camps.

but once i'm out working in the society, i've began to see the hypocritism of it all. plainly put it, some christians were not good witness of God, probably including myself, esp in church and family members. (i shall not elaborate on the incidents with family members who are so called christians. it disgust me even to mention about it)

so by and by, i stopped going to church. then it became i believe in myself. i believe that in times when you are facing difficulties, yes, you can pray to God for strength, but He will not solve the crisis for you, you will still have to face the challenge yourself and solve the crisis yourself. When you got no money, you had to humble yourself to ask people if they can lend or not, no one can help you. He will not drop the money from above.

so there you have it, my religion story. i shall not comment further. whether i'm now a free thinker, a buddhist, a christian, i dun care. I only care that now i do what is right and what keeps my conscience clear.

No comments: