Thursday, January 01, 2009

let me post my first entry for 2009.

This morning, took max for a haircut. in the afternoon, brought the children out for lunch. i also needed to mend 2 pairs of shoes. This is to prepare for the start of the working day. otherwise, i would have no shoes to wear. i reckon, 2 pairs cost less to repair than to buy a new one.

brought the kids to eat teppenyaki. They were struck with awe by the cooking of the teppan chef. it was really an eye opener for them.

After we came home, i began to think about whether their stationery, shoes were all in place. After i've done that, and while max was sleeping, i quickly prepare some stuff for my own work. I could complete so much work during that 1 or 2 hours while he was sleeping.

Once he woke up, he started looking for me. so had to carry him to the bedroom. I had initially wanted to blog then, but he kept asking me to play with him. when i finally conceded 'defeat' and brought along the laptop, he said, 'no need to bring computer.' i feel so argh. so have no choice but to play with him. i finally managed to sneak off to blog while waiting for dinner to start.

I could do so little with max around. i guess that sets the pace at home. I'll only do my work while max is sleeping. when he is awake, i don't think i'll be able to complete much work.

Mil is angry again over god knows what matter. she is apparently feeling upset that we do not scold the maid for doing wrong things. I personally feel that, as long as my mil scolds, then why should i bother to add on? what is the point of scolding again? i think in her mind, she must be thinking that we side with the maid. I never say that she shouldn't scold the maid, i mean you can tell her off for doing the wrong things. but you shouldn't keep on scolding and scolding.

the four words i learnt from the workshop, 'faith energises, fear paralyses' is so appropriate here. the more you scold, the more she fear, the more she fear, the more wrong things she would do. if you give her the trust and let her do her work, i think she will do a better job than this.

i hope i can keep my cool later during dinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mil....thingy, just let it be lor since it won't go away any time soon unless you know what happen lor. yes?