Wednesday, March 18, 2009

i attended a conference these two days at NIE.

1) it was a long journey, even by car. so i tell myself, not to rush, drive normally and true enough, it was a pleasant drive, enjoying the songs and just observing how other people drive.

2) on the first morning, popped over to grandma's grave first. bought some flowers for her. before my journey, i was a little worried, worried about my emotions. it must be weird to visit a grave so early in the morning. i think i was the only one and first one there.

surprisingly, i was calm. even looking at grandma, i was calm. didn't bring a cloth with me so didn't manage to give the grave a good wipe.

3) the conference was a good one. i learnt many things from there and am eager to blog down my thoughts. but at this time of the day, i think i will do the conference a dis-service if i were to hurriedly blog down. i need time to think through and orgainse my thoughts. it doesn't help if max is around and mummy this mummy that. so i will do one proper one, when i'm alone

hmmm, tomorrow need to bring students to ubin. looking forward and not so looking forward. it's good to go back to nature but i wish i could use the time to do some of my work. It's already thursday tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No need to take cloth...can just get a jerry can of water from the flower seller and tell them you will return the empty can later. They are a helpful bunch of people and they may even help carry it to your car if you don't stop them.
That...helpful, mind you. I know becoz I always get water to wash my mom's grave and to water the graves beside. Hehehe...mom's friends mah.

Anonymous said...

One bunch of flower....$2 or $3 only. Not too expensive.

Anonymous said...

wah....U POWER one lei. $10 for flower hehehe U got nice PB lei.

Me...kena 10% pay cut, so $2 or $3 bunch one lor. Maybe...buy at least3 bunches on behalf of my bros who dun even pay me for that. So...about the same except more flowers on tombstone.

For that...I "borrow" water to wash the tombstone and the seller gladly loan me that.

Anonymous said...

btw...1 jerry can of water is 5 gallons, so it weighs about 20kgs.

That is heavy and also lots of water, can wash the tombstone "clean"....same time "water" the grave and cool it down.