Wednesday, March 25, 2009

since the beginning of term 2, mabel has not been sleeping well at night. on sunday night, she couldn't get to sleep worrying about her Chinese e-learning. she was afraid that she did the wrong exercises. even though after reassuring, she still couldn't sleep, so she came over to my room to sleep.

on monday night, she could not sleep again. i thought maybe she was afraid to sleep in the room on the top deck of the bed, (at the back of my mind, i thought she saw some stuff) so again, i let her sleep in my room.

then last night, she was again crying in the room. the maid knocked on my door to tell me that she is crying for mummy. (darn, i was already asleep) she said she didn't want to go to school. I asked her the reason why and she told me 'spelling' after reassuring her, 'cannot find yellow file'. I'm really at the point of bursting already. i think i spent like 40 mins talking to her. or would i say lecturing her.

the final conclusion to the talk is, i told her, i would not condone coward act. she has to go to school the next day no matter what. that is my ultimatum.

so i really don't have enough sleep and is grumpy today. upon reflection, i would like to find out the real underlying reason of her not wanting to go to school. but she is not telling anything. maybe the reasons she cited is true and genuine, so she must learn to face up. she cannot run away. but what i worry is that the reasons are not so simple. i tried to ask if anyone bully her, etc, maybe i'm fierce in my tone, so she didn't want to tell me.

sigh, still in standby mode, not able to process anything

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mabel.....oh, best to be patient with her lei. She is my favorite.

True....best to slowly get to the bottom of her fear. Bully at school, fear of the dark, or study stress....could be any of these problems.