Friday, October 30, 2009

disappointed and angry

marcus didn't tell me that he got 66/100 for maths, he told his daddy. i only knew it from daddy just before we were about to go to sleep.

you can imagine after that, i toss and turn, cannot stand it, even in my pyjamas, i walked over to marcus' room, and asked him personally. being late, i didn't want to scold too much.

even until the next morning, though i can see that marcus tried to help me carry my things, i told him bluntly, 'no need, i can carry my own stuff.'

needless to say, i'm disappointed with him, angry with him. i think it's going to take months before i simmer down.

then as usual, reflect, reflect, reflect. how did things turn out this way? How can i make it better?

marcus is smart but lazy. he is smart but he needs guidance to unleash his potential.

then i reflect on my own. have i been spending too much time on facebook? have i been working too hard that i neglect him? thinking of this, it broke my heart even more. brings me to a point of thinking, should i quit my job to better look after my children? i really cannot balance work and children. i just feel so sad, i just feel so worthless, i just feel such a lousy mother. u care and work so hard with other people's children, u care about guarding whether you hit that percentage passes, whether you hit that MSG. by the time u reach home, u are so dead tired.

i really feel that i didn't give marcus enough attention. i really feel like a lousy mother. work so hard in career, but what do i get in the end? disappointment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah....too much time on pc and facebook thingy. Right decision to shut it down.

66/100....is still a reasonable result for a normal kid.

Anonymous said...

don't quit job....that is the last thing you should be thinking of unless you or Mr Tan just kena 1st for TOTO hehehe. Kena 1st for 4D...
guess it's still best to keep the day job for the sake of all 3 "M"s.