Wednesday, December 22, 2010

last night, i didn't have the courage to speak with lao gong, reason being because mil's health seems to be deteriorating and it seems not so appropriate to bring it up now.

but i know things are building up and if i do not bring it up sooner, my volcano will erupt and impacts will be devastating. and this morning, things have escalated a bit and i was a little fed up, i already blurted out to mabel, one of these days, if i cannot take it any longer, i'll pack my luggage and go. like now, i'm trying to beat the lunch crowd to bring my children to shopping malls to do some get-to-school shopping, but no one is at home. i can't just leave the contractors at home.

sorry, kids, sometimes the reality of life. no, lao gong doesn't read my blog, i wonder if he bothers. yes, children read my blog and i'm apologising first.

who created the stupid marriage vows?

I, ____, take you, ____, to be my (husband/wife). I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life. I, ____, take you, ____, for my lawful (husband/wife), to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.

it is so easy to say for better or for worse, in good times and bad times. does this person who created the marriage vows, marrying someone is not just marrying the person, many baggages come with the person. what if, for example, the person you marry, turns out to be a compulsive gambler and abuse you? for better or for worse....

i'm no saint, so i salute those people who can really stick to their marriage vows.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that is life. There are happy times and there are bad times too. That's marriage. Later on....there will be hard times coping with the children esp their teenage years. More heart pains...
trust me, I have travelled this road and still travelling thru my journey called LIFE! Till the day I drop dead....then my journey ends!
Yours....just started one third.

Anonymous said...

Find things to do to make yourself happy....since you are earning your own keep, then reward yourself from time to time. Then you would understand the important to love yourself....most times everyone will just take each other for granted, if you don't mind that then nothing to say lor!

Anonymous said...

how some can stick to their marriage vow after 10, 20, 30yrs.....do not say out openly the "D" or "L" word in time of anger. Best don't even have that thot in the first place and not to go to bed "angry".

Anonymous said...

yes....I do think of "D" and "L" when super angry but won't say it out loud. then immediately i cool myself....and try to see things from another angle.
after awhile....i am okay as i cannot stay angry for too long. anger is not a healthy thing for own health sake....can be like cancer and grow wild!