Thursday, May 05, 2011

morning rush

did i have a similar post? because as i typed morning, the whole phrase morning rush came out.

anyway, i observed

1) many of my neighbours will leave house at 7am to fetch their kids to school. 4 of my neighbours to be exact.

i like this routine. Sending my ch to school, stay home mum. actually, what a contradiction, i cannot stay at home one. Just that these few days been good, a break from routine. I even contemplate about quitting, but judging from the meagre income plus no CPF contribution, i put off the idea.

just did some gardening, now my hand filled with rosemary, mosquito plant and peppermint smell. i keep smelling my hand like a crazy person.

anyway, many people have a daily routine every day. i remembered even as a student, sometimes, i would make sure that i reach the bus stop and take the same bus at the same time every day just to make sure that i'm on the same bus as the boys that i had a crush on. I guess young people nowadays don't do that because they have their electronic device with them when they take public transport. You became less observant of your surroundings.

I also remembered last time, i shifted to ang mo kio, but my primary school is still at dover. So for two long years, i had to take bus 74 from ang mo kio to clementi before changing another bus to dover. as bus 74 plowed along bt timah road, you can imagine the private properties that i was looking at. I even had a few favourite ones and i even gave them names.

I also remembered that when i was studying for my exams during secondary school, i used to study in the kitchen at night, so that i can look out of the window when i needed a break. As you know, the block of flats are close to each other, i actually observed each and every single family in the opposite block. that was how i get acquainted with 2 neighbours from the opposite block too, one on the 13th floor and one on the 5th floor. Wow, those were the wild days.

Now that we are older, though not as crazy, but we know our daily routine, we will get to see this or that neighbour, say a few his and byes. Even sometimes as i drive to school, there are a few cars that i will meet often. I know this car is from my car park, will filter left but if the car is still on the right lane, somehow, i give way to the car. I saw the school van, i knew it will be turning into the right into the school car park just before my school, i will take the left lane, pass the school van and take the right lane again. I even recognise some of the parents' car/motorcycle, gave way to them, drive carefully around them.

During morning assembly, i like to look up the sky and see the clouds and smell the fresh air, if any.

Do you have a daily routine? Do you have that someone or some car that you would meet in your daily routine?

No comments: