Sunday, April 10, 2005

laptop

it's either my laptop or blogger... dun u get frustrated when all that u blog disappears, then u dun have the inspiration to blog anymore. that explains why i have not been updating my blog.

ok, first the laptop.

on fri morn, when i turn on my laptop, i saw the desktop theme was windows classic, i always had it on windows xp. so changed the desktop them back to windows xp. then when i opened 'my documents' to start working, to my horror, all my doucments were all gone. all my four years of preparation, admin stuff, exam papers, all gone!

panic. cool myself down to call the IT technician. he said he'll come down asap, about 15 mins time.
well, the 15 mins is eternity, i was like no use crying, i really felt like crying when i think of all the documents gone. hated myself for not backing up my data. tried to mark some papers, but it was like totally blank. but i tried to mark to keep my mind off the laptop. my colleagues were like, 'wow, u are so cool! your whole documents wipe out, and u still can mark." in my heart, i was thinking, no use getting angry, if it's a fact that it's wiped out, it's wiped out, if it's not, then it's somewhere in there, it's juz that i dunno the path where all these files are.

when the IT technician came, i was like heave a sign of relief. he quickly found back all my documents and teach me next time where to find them if the same thing happens again. he also helped me back up my data in another storage place.

lessons learnt in the 1/2 hour:

1) always back up your data. dun wait, one of these days... one of these days, your laptop will wipe out everything.

2) really no use fretting over things. the main thing is to get things solved. the waiting part can be suffering, but cannot sit and wait... even though i couldn't solve my own problems, but no use getting upset over it, juz move on. guess in life also like that, no use getting angry over it, juz move on and solve the problem

3) technology cannot be trusted 100%

there were more lessons i blogged on fri, but now i could not remember already. nvm, wtf

No comments: