Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Coffeeshop Mistakes Part 2

really cannot tahan... the story goes like this... last nite, went back to the coffeeshop to have dinner... well, that same coffeeshop as it offers more variety of food. intend to eat there, just need to packet one rice....
so, went to the stall that sold fishball noodle... this time, i made my order through an auntie. deliberately spoke clearly my orders, saw what she wrote. 'mee sua, soup, fishballs... not enough fishballs, can mix?' *me thinking, but a little unhappy because i dun like meat balls* 'ok, mix' saw she wrote down 'mix' 'auntie, 1 more bowl, mee pork, *deliberately slows down my speech to make myself clear* dry, chilli, mix also' ok, saw she wrote down the correct order. "auntie, table 8" saw she wrote down T:8. good, ordered correctly, she wrote down correctly.... went back to sit and wait.

after waiting for some time, hubby asked, "u want to go and check your orders? how come the people behind us juz sit down only, their order came already?" ok, i go and check.

"miss, wat u want to order?" "i'm not here to order, i'm here to check if my orders out already or not?" saw the auntie who wrote down my order, quickly added "mee sua soup and mee pork dry? table 8? u ask me if can mix or not?" younger gal checks the order sheets that was thrown away, "yes, out already. aiya, father give wrongly. sorry sorry, u want, i cook your orders for you?"

wah, i flare up, really flare up... wrong again... this is like how many times in a row u made a mistake? how to order again? so unhappy with you, so angry with you, how? i can't bring myself to swallow the mee sua.... 'i go ask' walked back to the table, deliberately stood near the table behind us, 'aiya, they bring the orders wrongly to another table, *points my finger at the guilty table* funny people, wrong order, the people dunno how to open their mouth and say they didn't order. anyway, u stil want to eat?" hubby hesitates. *makes myself clearer* "you still want to eat from their stall? i'm still eating, but not from their stall. i'm ordering from other stalls"

so in the end, we ordered from other stalls.... oh, stupid rice stall again, tell u the story later. so in the end, 1 ate roti prata, 1 ate chicken hor fun. went back to the fishball stall and told them, dun want the order already. well, the auntie and her daughter came to our tables to apologise to us. well, it didn't make me feel better, but i kind of like appreciate their gestures. ok, i'll sum up in my conclusion later.

so i ordered my chicken hor fun from the stall. they say they will bring to my table, even though it says there, self service... ok, fine, fair enough, anyway, i'm still angry with that stall. when my chicken hor fun came, it was in packet!!!! omg, 2 mistakes in a row. i actually wanted to tell the guy, hey, i'm eating here, not packet... but then forget it.... i'm too angry to kick up another row in the coffeeshop becos i know if this time i kick up a fuss, it will be very ugly becos i'm extremely angry. paid the money... took out the PACKET of chicken hor fun, threw the plastic bag on the floor, literally littering the floor. threw the cover on the table.... controlled my temper.

only the roti prata order came correct. well, he almost spilled gravy on me though.... aiya... wat's wrong with the coffee shop.

Reflection:
1) ok, let's not put the blame on others. maybe it's me... do i speak too fast? do i speak so unclearly that people do not understand me? or do i look so fierce that people cannot rem wat i say? yah, it could be me. but i've taken steps to ensure that it will not happen again, i deliberately spoke slowly and clearly, and even watch what u are writing... but i couldn't control who u bring the orders too, sharks.

2) i was stupid to go back to the stall to order again and allow them to make the 2nd time mistake on me. i could have saved myself from all these if i never order from that stall again. i deserve it for going back to the stall. once bitten, twice shy, dun u understand????

3) probably i should speak in malay becos, it seems that 'makan' is a easier word to comprehend. i dunno, maybe i should test this out.

Conclusion:
1) there will not a 3rd time where i allow myself to be angered by that stall again. sorry, even though u have some certificates stating your food is nice... i'll not order from you again, unless other people does the ordering.

2) when they offered to do my order the 2nd time, i should have asked them... 'free one is it?' prob a free meal can appease my anger. otherwise, why i should i pay and eat the food and feel the anger inside?

3) there must be something wrong with me.... i will continue to do self-reflection.

poor max, had to sit with us throughout the whole thing.

No comments: