Friday, December 31, 2010

childhood memories

i think i shall name some of the more important childhood memories i have, for fun, since this is the last day of the year:

1) my parents' divorce

2) i fell down from the upper level of the playground. There were many children, mainly 2 groups, playing catching. so i was the catcher for my group of friends. it just so happen that the other group was also playing catching. so what happened was we were all on the upper level and i was on this side with the other group. my friends were with the other group's catcher on the other side. so the other group's catcher made his first move, so the people here all panicked and ran, as they ran, i think someone pushed me and i was quite close to the edge, so i lost my balance and i fell over the ledge.

Stephanie remembered she saw that i was heading towards the ground with my head first, but somehow, i turned and when i landed, i landed on my buttocks and sat on the floor. i suffered many cuts on my shin, but no major concussion. the cuts were made by some rusty nails on this make shift ladder that was leaning against the playground. did i see a doctor? i can't remember.

3) stephanie and me, due to our carelessness, serena had a really deep cut on her lips, hee, i shall not elaborate, ser should know the rocking horse incident, we mentioned it to you before

4) oh yes, how could i forget this? i poured cooking oil into the fish tank!!!! i was looked after by my neighbour, i was so bored that i poured cooking oil into the fish tank and needless to say, the fish died!!!!! I got a real whack from my mum, kneel on the wooden washing board leh. this is only 1 of the naughty things i did in the house....
and can you imagine, last year, marcus' science exam paper, one question illustrate some naughty children pour oil into a fish tank and the question asks students to describe how the fish respond to this change. I was like..... "eh, marcus, your mummy did this long ago when i was a young kid." so embarrassing.

5) my father only caned me once. This same neighbour, I stole their money. It wasn't much, some coins, occasionally a dollar note. Why? to buy potato chips!

there are more, but i guess these five are the more important ones that is important. that is semantically not correct. I should say, these five are the more important ones that etched a deeper memory in me. wa, so powderful english, ha.

No comments: