Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Mabel

yesterday, mabel called home at 330pm and said she was on her way back. Almost 5pm, she was not back yet. When she came back, I started to question her.

I asked her if she had detoured to the playground while on her way back. Her first reaction, she shook her head. I asked the same question again, she shook her head again. I asked her the third time, then she said yes.

I was angry with her for making people worried and worst of all, she did not admit her mistake. She tried to cover up her mistake.
I gave her a very lecture.

Today, she called me at 430pm using her friend's house telephone and asked me if she could go to her friend's house. I asked her back, where she was. She told me at a friend's house. I told her that she already decided to go and went to her friend's house already, why on earth does she have to ask me if she can go to her friend's house? never mind, i let her. she told me she will be back before 6pm.

Just before 6pm, her friend called me, told me they still have some homework to do, she will go back before 630pm. Later, her friend called again and asked if mabel could have dinner there, i disapproved. Minutes later, her friend called again and told me her mum had cooked extra, i insisted on bringing Mabel back.

just one word, angry and disappointed with her. Yes, the homework was all done but the way she handled the situation was not satisfactory. As i was typing the blog, i was thinking, why didn't i told her no she can't go to her friend's house and insist that she return home straight away? i was too soft. and i think Mabel knows this, that's why she called me and didn't call Adrian.

No comments: