Thursday, July 19, 2012

Scolding children early in the morning

This morning, i was very irked by the things Marcus and Mabel did, I did not want to scold them early in the morning, but I really could not control myself.

Marcus:
The usual practice was to pack the school bag the night before. This morning, Marcus came down to the living room with his pencil box, calculator, maths worksheet and Social Studies workbook. He sat on the sofa with all these thins laid beside him. My first question to him, are those things to be put into the bag?
He sighed, took maths worksheet, walked to his bag and put it inside.
Then i asked him again, what about the rest? he walked to the sofa, took a pencil box and started to walk towards his bag again. That was when I flared up and asked him, why can't he one shot take all his things and placed it into his bag?

So my long string of nagging started. I asked him why he can't place his things inside his bag the moment he came down from his bedroom? He told me he wanted to rest. Then I started again, why can't he do all his things first, then rest? Why must he rest first?

Last night before completing his homework, he took a rest before dinner, his homework was not completed. After dinner, he sat on the sofa and watched 'journey to the west'. I kept quiet. At 8pm, he went up to continue his homework. I do not know how long he took to complete his work, but close to 10pm (sleeping time), he asked me two maths question.

So while scolding him, i did bring up last night's issue.

My rationale:
When he came down with all his things from the bedroom, he would have easily just take a few more steps to his bag and placed his things inside his bag. It is so simple. Why must he carry all the things to the sofa and rest first?

Mabel:
After scolding Marcus, I saw a crossword puzzle paper on the piano. It was Mabel. She had some clues she could not solve. Again, i started scolding.

Last night, Mabel had the whole night to ask me about the cross word puzzle. Yes, true, she was doing e-learning in the night. But after that, 9pm when she started to watch tv, she had the time to ask me.

Rationale:
In the morning, that half an hour, there are many things to be done. Homework questions should be asked the night before, not in the morning!

After scolding them, i was so angry that i didn't realise i gulped down my coffee.

Was disappointed with both of them.

No comments: