Friday, January 11, 2008

hmmm, let me see... every day is like eating reunion dinner for my family. For those who are not aware, my in laws are staying together with me now, and last nite, my father in law came over, today being his off day... and my sister and her boyfriend also dropped by last night to see marcus and mabel, so dinner time was like a huge reunion dinner. We had vege, fish, chicken wings, soup, braised meat... everyone just sit and crowd round the rectangle table. The feeling is great! really, it's good to have dinner as one big family. i think neighbours who walked past must be thinking what a big family we have.

sometimes, my mother in law cooks and invites my mum over for dinner on sat... somtimes, my sister in law will come on sat, so on saturday nights, it's also a big reunion. with the children, seated at the another small table.

We used to joke, rehearsal for chinese new year.

well, when family members are staying together, it's really good, because we help out with one another, we tend to think less of ourselves. This is a good training for marcus and mabel too. giving in to their elders and helping out around the house. and partly because of this, this makes me feel very assured when i'm working and thus i tend to work until really late at night, into the evening, 7 pm, then i'll leave the school to go home. well, i know i can't get anything done at home, so i better finish more work before i go home.

and because all of us like to watch the 9pm, channel 8 show, including marcus, (yes, including marcus and he reads the English subtitles) it's also a great feeling when the whole family gathers round a 20" LCD tv, (haha, yah, it's a little small, considering that all of us are watching it) watching tv. great feeling. i dunno how to explain that warm feeling.

oh yah, marcus is bugging me to get a bathtub for his toilet, darn... promised him last christmas, now i think i have to postpone it till this christmas.

No comments: